The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- co-opted governors are appointed on to the governing body by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- local authority(LA) governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- the Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- associate members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing body but have been given voting rights on the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing body.
The different committees our governing body has are:
- School Effectiveness / Curriculum - A committee that looks a the standards of work across the whole school in each curriculum area.
- Children's Well Being - A committee that looks at the personal, social, emotional and health side of our children including safeguarding and child protection.
- Staffing, Finance and Premises - Our main committee for all aspects of human resources, the fnancial management of the school and the management of our buildings, school grounds and the health and safety of our staff and children.
- There are also separate disciplinary and appeals committees which are convened if they are required.